EU2020: “Youth on the move”
How co-operatives help:
- Increasing interest in the co-operative model of enterprise from young people;
- Co-operative participation in Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs (cross-border exchange);
- There are co-operative universities supported by co-operative organizations, but globally education systems ‘ignore’ co-operatives.
How European institutions can help us:
- The teaching of the co-operative model of enterprise could be encouraged at every level of education.
- European mobility programmes involving enterprises could take into account the specificities of the co-operative business model.
- Business support programmes such as the Enterprise Europe network could be adapted to a more diverse context of enterprise forms rather than the traditional forms of enterprises.