Advocacy officer vacancy
Cooperatives Europe is hiring an Advocacy Officer.
The advocacy Officer will be in charge of the implementation of the advocacy strategy as defined within Cooperatives Europe. Specific fields addressed: European entrepreneurship policy, social economy and gender policies legal framework.
Under the supervision of the director, the advocacy officer will work in close cooperation with the Cooperatives Europe team and its partners.
Key responsibilities are:
- Research and monitoring of European Union policy issue impacting cooperatives according to Cooperatives Europe action plan with focus on entrepreneurship, social economy legal framework and gender policies
- Coordinate consultation procedure within the membership, draft position papers
- Support the collaboration and coordination with other European organisations active in specific fields policies.
- Secretariat of the EU Coordination committee and its working group.
- Assist the preparation of visibility events
- Represent Cooperatives Europe at relevant review meetings, as well as formal and informal network meetings and seminars.
- University degree in European studies, Economics or Law
- Minimum one year relevant experience in advocacy at European level
- Skills Capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Excellent command of English spoken and written
- Good command of French
Good interpersonal and communication skills both in oral and written
- Good IT skills (word excel powerpoint ..)
- Good time management and organisational skills;
- Ability to work in a small, multi-cultural team
- Knowledge and commitment to the cooperatives values or principles
- Knowledge of other European languages is a plus
- Experience in conducting primary and secondary research with good report writing
- Knowledge of monitoring and analysis tools for social media
- Experience in implementation of EU-funded partnership programmes
- Experience of work within membership organisations
Located 4 rue du Trône, 4 1000 Brussels (Operational address)
The contract is an open-ended duration and full time under Belgian Law
The advocacy officer will work under the responsibility of the director of Cooperatives Europe.
Travel expenses within the Brussels region capital are covered by Cooperatives Europe. Hospitalisation Insurance and meal vouchers are available.
Candidates need to have, at the time of application, the legal right to work in Belgium. We regret that we are not able to apply for work-permits on their behalf.
Interested candidates are asked to apply by submitting the filled in application form below and a detailed CV to email@example.com. Application with either of mentioned documents missing will not be taken into consideration.
Please mention in the email subject your name followed by ‘Advocacy Officer’.
Deadline for applications is the 15th September 2021 (23h59 CET).
Please note that due to large numbers of applications and our limited capacity, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Following sanitaries rules in Belgium, interviews will take place remotely or in person.