Power to the people: get inspired by energy cooperatives in Europe
Cooperative enterprises put forward a decentralized energy system as a better solution for today’s energy challenges. To bring this discussion to a wider audience, Cooperatives Europe will host three workshop sessions and a film viewing to look at the idea of bringing Power to the people. Bringing together diverse panels of experts and key actors in the renewable energy field, we will explore how cooperatives are reshaping the energy market.
This initiative is part of Cooperatives United, an inspiring global festival of events and exhibitions set in Manchester, UK, from 29 October to 2 November 2012 to mark the close of the UN International Year of Cooperatives. With 1 world premiere, 3 exhibitions, 10 conferences, 45 countries, 150 workshops, 200 exhibitors and 10,000 people, CooperativesUnited will inform and inspire everyone to build a sustainable economy and a better world.
Here is the provisional programme of the events hosted by Cooperatives Europe at Cooperatives United:
- Wednesday 31st October, 4.45 to 7 pm, Fringe Festival: Film screening of The 4th Revolution, followed by a discussion panel
- Friday 2nd November, 9.30 am to 12.30, Workshop Space 8: Power to the people
- Power to the people - how cooperatives are shaping a new energy market
- Power to the people - start your own renewable energy cooperative (in association with REScoop.eu)
- Power to the people - join our campaign for a dramatic increase in cooperative and community energy (organized by the Community Energy Coalition and The Co-operative Group).
More details and speaker line up to follow soon.
We are confirming final details around registration with the organizers. All information about booking will be made available by the organizers at the end of September and we will share this with you then.
Updated information will be made available on the event webpage.